Sunday, October 21, 2007

When you're not strong

I'm feeling nostalgic after saying my goodbyes at my previous job on Friday. Never mind that I'm incredibly excited about the new opportunity, working on, well, let's just say a large sporting event to be held in Vancouver and Whistler in 2 1/2 years. I've made some great friends and had some great experiences in the last three years, and though what I do doesn't exactly save lives, working in health care put many other things in perspective.

So forgive the sentimentality, but I dare you to watch this PSA from Sick Kids in Toronto (not where I worked, but I saw it on TV this week in the throes of my goodbyes) without getting a lump in your throat and a sense of pride in our health care workers who do save lives under less than ideal circumstances: